We have a healthy eating policy at St John’s.
- Children learn about the effects of eating and drinking on the body and especially the brain and learning.
- We encourage all children to bring in a water bottle to school and all children have access to drinking water all day.
- Children are only allowed to bring fruit and breadsticks into school for break times. Crisps, sweets, chocolate and biscuits are not allowed.
- At morning break the children in Foundation and KS1 are provided with a healthy fruit snack. KS2 are allowed to bring their own snack in each day.
- Milk is also provided at a cost and details sent out each year for booking your child's milk.
- School meals are provided free of charge by the government universal free school meal scheme for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 children.
- School meals can be booked (and paid for) on our Schools Grid system. https://schoolgrid.co.uk/
- Children may bring in packed lunches. We ask that parents provide packed lunches which are nutritionally balanced. They must not contain sweets or fizzy drinks.
- We are a nut free school so please don't include nut of any kind in packed lunches or snacks.
How to Apply for Free School Meals
For parents and carers interested in applying for free school meals, this process can now be completed online by clicking here https://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/500186/education_benefits/7355/free_school_meals
St John’s has been awarded the maximum food hygiene rating of 5.